Homealot

Monday, May 01, 2006

They like me! They really like me!!

Auditioning for shows is the seventh layer of hell. It's true. There is a reason that I am not in New York, pounding the pavement like some of my college colleagues. I could not stand to be put through the audition process for a living. The constant scrutiny, the politics, learning a dance on the spot, the cold read, and worst of all~ competing with other people that you've just met and would otherwise generally like. That being said, being IN a show is heaven. If you've never done it, I highly suggest it. There are certain musicals that I've performed in that have been highlights of my life and always will be.

I have been auditioning for the upcoming Paragon show, "Godspell" for the past week. This morning I got that happy phone call from the director telling me I'm in the show!! I made it!! This feeling never gets old. NEVER. No matter how many shows I've done, no matter how many solos I've sung, or leading roles I've received, someone telling you that you made the show; it's always worth the pain of that horrible audition process. I LOVE being in shows. I'm looking forward to learning new songs, making a cast a momentary family, affecting an audience, and that divine invention called a cast party! I'm truly excited!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ashley Pollard said...

Yay, you! I had no doubt that you would make it! So do you know what part you will paly? Can't wait to hear all about it.

5/01/2006 12:30 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

That is so exciting :) How do you get into shows like that? I am asking because my brother is thinking about moving to Lexington next year and he loves doing musicals as well. I would love to get him some info on groups he could get involved in in Lexington. He actually played Jesus Christ in Godspell a few years ago.

5/01/2006 2:25 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Yea!! Congratulations Laura :)

5/02/2006 5:10 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Congratulations!!

5/02/2006 8:53 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Congrats!!!

5/02/2006 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home