Homealot

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Home alone and.......alone.

Both Tracy and Isabel are out of town right now. Tracy is at a research conference in North Carolina, and due to the large number of extra rehearsals my choir has called this week, combined with the fact that we cannot seem to locate (or pay for) baby sitters for all these rehearsals, Isabel is at Grandma's. So, I am home alone. ALONE. No little hands grabbing my pants, no husband demanding laundry or errands, no fighting over who's going to change the baby! I AM FINALLY ALONE. I shall go see a movie! I shall go out to eat! I shall sleep till noon! I shall watch endless hours of television! I shall turn up my stereo as loud as possible and dance around the house! Naked!

It sure is quiet around here........... I miss my baby.

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

It must be nice to have that alone time but I am sure you miss Isabel like crazy. Next weekend I am going away without Daniel and I am sure I will feel the same way.

5/18/2006 10:44 PM  
Blogger Maria Kenney said...

Yes, I'm taking a trip without Miranda in July and am already making a list of books to read/non-nursing clothes to wear/etc! I'm sure I'll miss her... after that first good night's sleep!

5/19/2006 2:11 PM  
Anonymous oldgranny said...

Solitude can be good for the soul. Someone pretty famous said, "Abscence makes the heart grow fonder." Just when you think you can't love someone more than you do, you find you can!

5/20/2006 5:34 AM  
Blogger loelsh said...

Alone time sounds so delightful! But I understand missing your baby too! Have fun, she'll be back grabbin your pants again before you know it.

Isabel is very cute, btw...as though I needed to tell you that!

Nice blog.

9/05/2006 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home